Tales of Terror Ch. 2

Tales of Terror Ch. 2


     It was October 12th. Daphne had gone off to meet Casper in the woods, on the eastern most side of the city. The city the two lived in was very small, with only about 10,000 people. Of course, the number may sound large to some, but it's really quite small. The mansion was somewhat of a legend in the town, as were many things; yet there were never any stories or histories to go along with them.
     Daphne had gone to clean the house the two days after she had first visited the mansion. She hadn't told Casper of what all had happened yet because he had been out of town. He was always out of town; she knew he had his reasons, and that he didn't like to talk about it. He did online school, which made it a lot easier for him, obviously. Daphne had always been the only friend Casper's parents let him have. Again, she didn't know why, but she knew it was better to just simply not ask. The woods was always where the two met to talk about anything. They had known each other since 1st grade, before Casper did online school. They met in a clearing in the forest every time. The clearing had soft moss that you sit and have a picnic on, which was exactly what they always did.
      "So, tell me, what was this weird mansion like. From what I've heard from people it's always been a bit mysterious. Lots of legends surrounding it, hard to find though," Casper said.
     "Well, the first day, I just looked around the mansion some. Fleura, the lady who owns the place, says that it has a bad past but that, and I quote, 'we can make it a sweeter home.' Sound as creepy to you as it does to me?"
    "Sure does, that's not much though. I wanna know the nitty gritty."
    "Well, on the first day she told me to not go up by the organ pipes. I found a door by the organ, but it was locked. I didn't have time to check it out though, plus I didn't have a lock pick with me. But I also fou-"
    "WHY DIDN'T YOU BRING A LOCK PICK WITH YOU? IF YOU'RE GOING TO SOME CREEPY OLD MANSION YOU ALWAYS TAKE A LOCK PICK! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT HIDDEN ROOM YOU'RE GOING TO FIND!"
    "Okay! Chill out! Loo-Look, there-there was another thing on that first day. I found a hidden door that led to a library. I asked Flerua if I could check out a book, and she said yes. So, the next day, once I was done cleaning for the day I did. Yet, she told me to leave it there, and that I could only read one chapter a day. I grabbed this old book. It was a cranberry colour, worn, and you know how I am, old things just scream a mystery waiting to be solved. It was a collection of short stories, no author listed, but written in cursive. They each said the date they were written. The first one was written on October 31st, 2011. It was about a girl who meets some creepy girl who looked like Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, but who was really creepy. This girl wants to 'purify' her, and then takes her on this weird adventure. Then, she, the one who isn't Luna Lovegood, goes into this dome thing that gets filled with water. Then, she feels someone pull on her ankles and wakes up. When she wakes up, she sees bruises where someone pulled on her ankles. Then, when I went back today I grabbed the book again. It was written on October 31st. 1976. I quickly copied down the story because it seemed to hard to explain and it was short enough that Fleura wouldn't get suspicious."
    She handed the copy to Casper. His face made looks of concern and wonder as he read the story.
    "Was it in the same handwriting as the first one?" Casper asked.
    "Yep. I don't know, there's just-just something funny about that place. I want to learn more about it, and I'll get a new lock pick soon, I can't find mine."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Terror Ch. 5

Tales of Terror Ch. 4

The Abandoned