Children of the Dark

Children of the Dark
I had been sitting in my bedroom when I heard an ominous whistling. Then a loud, high pitched screech from the attic. My parents weren’t home, so what was I to do? I tied my deep purple, curly hair into a bun and silently rushed to the kitchen. I grabbed a knife and went to the old, wooden door in the middle of our living room. I opened the door, there lied a set of stairs which led to the attic. I climbed up the flight of stairs and then slowly opened the door that was an opening directly to the attic. A gust of wind came rushing out of the opening and I fell backward onto the stairs. It all of a sudden went all dark, I had turned on a light at the bottom of the stairs when I entered the staircase. I decided that it must’ve burnt out. But what was there to explain the wind that had pushed me down? I shut my eyes for a minute. Once I opened them, two piercing sea green eyes stared back at me. I screamed louder than I thought anyone could. The eyes disappeared. I must’ve just been hallucinating. I stood back up and held onto the railing. All of a sudden heard a whistling voice say,
“Lilitu. There is no reason you would’ve hallucinated, think more logically.”
I turned around to face towards the bottom of staircase, where the voice was coming from. There was no one there that I could see. I bent down to grab my knife and all of a sudden realized that I couldn’t find it. I raced to the bottom of the stairs and tried to open the door back out of the passageway to the attic. It wouldn’t budge. All of a sudden I felt a sharp poke on the back of my neck. I reached back and felt the handle of the knife. I slid my hand further back on the handle of the knife, and then I slid so far back that I felt nothing. How could I feel nothing? I tried to pull away the knife, but instead it just pushed harder into the back of my neck. I turned my head to see the same piercing sea green eyes I had earlier.
“Who are you?” I yelled at the eyes that looked like they could kill.
“She is the true one in charge,” the high whistling voice said. Yet, it seemed to be coming from the attic now, not the eyes.
“This is my parents house! Not yours! I’ve never seen someone with such demonic eyes, you couldn’t be anyone I know!”
“Then how come we are the ones who have always been here?” A new voice said this, it came from where the eyes were.
“Well then maybe now is the time you leave.”
“We cannot leave,” the whistling voice said.
“Yes you can. If one of you would just give me the stupid key!”
“Haven’t you ever heard of the Great Depression?” the whistling voice interrogated.
“If you’re trying to tell me that your ghosts then I don’t know who you think I am, but I’m not falling for that.”
“Haven’t you ever heard of murder?”
“Oh my- you know what. If you’re going to kill me, you’d mine as well just do it now. Maybe you could have another friend,” I sarcastically teased.
Then, all went dark. I awoke in my bedroom to see nothing suspicious. I went out of my room to see a note from my parents lying on the kitchen counter,


Be back soon, had to go to the store for some things. -Mom and Dad.


Had it all just been a dream? Were my parents actually the ones who had written the note? Was I even alive? I then saw blood out of the corner of my eye on the floor. I turned to the blood. A note had been written with the blood.


This isn’t the end. Your friends, Helen and Mildred.
.......................................................................................................................................................
 I'll announce this post on Instagram. I honestly don't have much to say for this one except that I hope you enjoyed this story.

The Author,
Ella

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales of Terror Ch. 5

Tales of Terror Ch. 4

The Abandoned